Rotterdam has its own airport, Rotterdam The Hague Airport. You can also fly into Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, just a 25-minute train ride from Rotterdam. What’s more, Rotterdam Central Station is a hub for the European high-speed train network and other international connections. If you are coming by car, click here for driving directions and where to park.
From Rotterdam The Hague Airport:
A taxi will take you to our clinic or your hotel for €30 to €45. Another option is public transportation by bus and metro. The buses stop right next to the airport’s arrival hall. Bus 33 will take you to the Meijersplein metro station. From Meijersplein the Randstadrail metro service will take you to Rotterdam Central Station in 10 minutes.
From Amsterdam Airport Schiphol:
A taxi will take you to our clinic or your hotel for €60 to €100. Another option is to take the train to Rotterdam Central Station (€15). The faster Intercity Direct train costs an additional €2.50 and will get you to Rotterdam in 25 minutes.
From Rotterdam Central Station to the Clinic:
- From Rotterdam Central Station, take the metro toward Slinge/Spijkenisse or take tram line 20, 23 or 25 toward Rotterdam Zuid.
- Get off at the Wilhelminaplein stop.
- In the metro station, follow the signs for the Stationshal exit, then the signs for Belastingdienst/Wilhelminatoren.
- From the Wilhelminaplein exit, Melles Cornea Clinic is 200 meters away on the left, at the corner of a building with a green roof, straight across from the Belastingdienst building and beside the large white building with RET in large red letters. The visitors’ entrance is around the corner, at street address Ernest Groosmanplein 36.
- Coming from all directions on the A16 (E19) highway, take exit 24 toward Feijenoord.
- Follow the signs for Feijenoord.
- You will see the football (soccer) stadium; stay on the Stadionweg road to the right, past the stadium on your left.
- Now follow the signs for Kop van Zuid, continuing straight on road number S106. You will pass over the train tracks. The street changes name, becoming Laan op Zuid.
- Stay on this road. The tram tracks will be on your left. After roughly 2,600 meters you will see the Belastingdienst building on your left. Melles
- Cornea Clinic is now to your right, just before the large white building with RET in large red letters, on the ground floor of a building with a green roof.
- The visitors’ entrance is around the corner, at street address Ernest Groosmanplein 36.
There is paid parking on the streets around the clinic: you can park on the Laan op Zuid street in front of the clinic, or on the Levie Vorstkade street behind the clinic, across the water. You can pay at the parking terminals using a bank card, credit card or your mobile phone. (Cost: €0.50 per 9 minutes)
There is paid parking in the Rotterdam Maastoren parking garage located at Wilhelminakade 101. (Cost: €4 per hour or part of an hour; maximum cost per day is €34).
Kiss & Ride
Patients who have difficulty walking long distances may be dropped off at the clinic’s Kiss & Ride zone on the Laan op Zuid street. Please use the parking space closest to the visitors’ entrance to drop off passengers.
All prices are current as of January 2016 and are meant only to give you an idea of the cost you can expect.